Posted by admin | Posted in Office Organization | Posted on 26-11-2012
Some people think of postcards as being an old-fashioned, outdated advertising medium. Old-fashioned – definitely. Outdated – hardly.
Here are some reasons why your business should use postcards for advertising or marketing:
1) They’re cheap to print. Depending on the quantities you order, the cost of postcards is measured in pennies.
2) They’re cheap to mail. The going rate to mail postcards is around thirty cents. If you do a lot of business reply mail, you can pay even less.
3) You can connect them to electronic media. This is not your grandfather’s postcard. In the old days, there was no such thing as electronic media. Thus, there was no way to leverage the postcard by adding a QR code or a personalized url. Now you can connect anyone to your website using those electronic links.
4) They’re not spam. Nobody completely ignores post cards. Unlike email spam, they have to be dealt with at least momentarily.
5) You can put a great attention-getting design on them. A space of 4 x 6 is plenty of room to feature a design which will get someone’s attention. Whether it’s an award-winning logo or a product image or just a happy customer enjoying your company’s service, the blank side of the post card gives you a second opportunity to hook your customer.
6) Nobody has to open them and look for your message. When someone sees your postcard in their mail, they don’t have to expend much effort to see what it is you are offering. If you can gain someone’s attention with a standout image or textual message, you may get more attention than some other advertiser’s bulky envelope which has to be opened.
7) Other people can see your message as well. Your postcard may pass through the hands of several people before it gets to you. If you have a great service, people who you didn’t intend to reach will become aware of what you do. But don’t worry. Your postcard will still get delivered.
At Conquest Graphics, we think the strategic usage of post cards is a great investment for your business. Contact us today and we’ll put together a plan that will work for you.